Manufacturing Floor Supervisor (Swingshift)
The purpose of this position is to provide a level of management and overall supervision of assigned areas. Focus will be on the manufacturing process, building quality parts on time. This position is responsible for maintaining and improving every day manufacturing functions. Monitor and ensure the daily, weekly and monthly machine hours. In a positive and proactive manner, new processes are to be implemented.
Primary functions & responsibilities:
• Responsible for all departments on Swingshift
• Manage staff in existing areas (approx. 10 staff)
• Manage machine hours and down time issues, responsible for meeting set goals
• Drive staff to perform/achieve the following: Quality – build to print, Increase machine up time, Reduction of scrap/rework, Schedule Adherence, Lean Initiatives, Safety procedures
• Identify issues, determine root cause, and execute resolution (escalating when necessary)
• Balancing of manpower by monitoring vacation and attendance
• Work in conjunction with other departments (QA, Eng, Scheduling, Sales) to meet both internal and external customer needs
• Hold staff accountable to their responsibilities and provide mentoring/guidance when needed
• Must setup & operate machines as/when needed (working supervisor)
• Working with other Manufacturing Floor Supervisor(s) and Director of Manufacturing to assist and contribute to personnel reviews and personnel performance issues
Job Skill Requirements:
• Strong Leadership capabilities, positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and ability to prioritize daily activities
• Excellent machining knowledge: Ability to run/set up machines, read and understand a layout, read a print and identify customer requirements, understanding of tool and gauge usage, programming knowledge/capabilities (CNC programming a plus)
• Good computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Ability to utilize reports within MRP system to analyze data
• Ability to analyze processes and floor activity to identify issues
Other Requirements & Information:
* Successful candidates must pass drug test.
* Education requirement: high school diploma/G.E.D. required, 2 year manufacturing degree or some college preferred.
* Experience required: Over 4 years relative experience required in a supervisory or leader ship position.
* Full time position, full benefits, salaried position, wages starting at $28.00/hr +, D.O.E., with 5% shift differential
* Hours 4:30pm – 3:00am, Monday through Thursday, must be available for occasional work on Fridays.
* No relocation assistance available at this time.